... a wonderful letter from my Secret Pal. She wanted to check if my address is correct.
Dear Secret Pal,
thank you very much. The chocolate is now in my stomach ;-) and the recipes are very good.
More sox :-)
This pair is another one knitted with self-dyed yarn. I used easter-egg-colors. The pattern is quite easy and made a lot of fun. It is from "Omas Strickgeheimnisse". I love that book! I needed 68 gr. for thes socks.
Questionnaire - Secret Pal 8
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favourite yarns are with mostly natural fiber like wool or cotton. I do not like 100% acryl or something like that.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have nothing special to store it in.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been kitting for over 35 years now. I have stopped knitting for nearly 20 years. I think I am an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Of course I have one.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
My favourite scent are fruity like orange, apple or citron. I do not like bloomy scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes I have! I like chocolate, mostly almond paste or nougat.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin and I have no time for other do-it-yourself-things.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My computer can play MP3s and I also have a mp3-stick. I like nearly all kind of music except techno, hard rock and metal.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like friendly colors like yellow, red, orange etc. I also like red :-) I don not like dark colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married and our son is 14 yo. We have pets, but they live outside the house - a dog and 2 little rabbits.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves and mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I knit socks, scarves and shawls, not so often sweaters and other “big” things.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks for me.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes of course I do.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circular needles in bamboo.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, I don’t have
17. How did you learn to knit?
I learned to knit at primary school, when I was 8 or 9 yo. I knitted a lot at the age of 16/17. Then it was out of fashion for me ;-) I started knitting again last year in April, when I was looking for new leisure activities and I do not regret it!
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have no UFO
19. What is your favorite holiday?
I like all days off I can spend with my family.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Hmm, I collect wool and books ;-)
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription of “Interweave Knits” I would die for Lorna Laces Sockwool. The books you can see at Amazon.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to learn to spin, but I do not have the space for a wheel and I think I will do it, when I retire.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am nuts about knitting socks! I start the toe shaping at 17,5 cm. My foot is about 22,5 cm.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
My birthday is 4. January.
Socks No. 19 and 20
Here are pics of my socks no. 19 and 20
Yarn: Opal description March 06
duration: 5 days
Meilenweit Cotton Maja
duration 4 days
The storks are back :-)
Every year we are wating for "our" storks. Since decades we have had a pair of storks in our village. Now the storks are back. I will take a pic when the weather is better. It is raining all day :-(
In our village emblem we have a stork.
Sixth Sense Sox finished
Yesterday evening I finishe my Sixth Sense Sox. I always knit the short row heel, but I never did it this way before. I am sure, I will try it another time in stockinette stitch.
Opal yarn development
Duration 4 days
Usage 52 gr